ONE THING TO TEACH
Denaturalize the tools of graphic design.
“The starting point of these reflections was usually a feeling of impatience at the sight of the 'naturalness' with which newspapers, art and common sense constantly dress up a reality which, even though it is the one we live in, is undoubtedly determined by history. In short, in the account given of our contemporary circumstances, I resented seeing Nature and History confused at every turn, and I wanted to track down, in the decorative display of what-goes-without-saying, the ideological abuse which, in my view, is hidden there.”
- R.B., 1957 PREFACE TO **MYTHOLOGIES**
THREE POSSIBLE STRATEGIES
1. Creating a Space
- Graphic Designer's Thinkbelt
- Mobile, accessible, analog, communal, open resource & tools, facilitating (inviting, flatten hierarchy).
2. Managing an Archive Website
- Resource for documentation.
- Resource for upcoming events.
- Resources for experimenting.
- Digitally accessible. Expanding yet permanent. Managed.
3. Equipping of Tools
- Thumbdrive Exchange (Adobe CS666)
- Share of Resources. Tools to share. Information is Free, Marshall McLuhan. Push Back.